Tour of Britain 2016 Routes Launched
The routes for the Tour of Britain 2016 has been revealed. The premier road cycling event will start in the Scottish city of Glasgow on Sunday 4th
September 2016 and will end in London Sunday 11th
The event will consist of eight stages in Scotland, the Lake District, the South West and London.
- Stage One - Sunday 4 September - Glasgow to Castle Douglas
- Stage Two - Monday 5 September - Carlisle to Kendal
- Stage Three - Tuesday 6 September - Congleton to Tatton Park, Knutsford
- Stage Four - Wednesday 7 September - Denbigh to Builth Wells
- Stage Five - Thursday 8 September - Aberdare to Bath
- Stage Six - Friday 9 September - Sidmouth to Haytor, Dartmoor
- Stage Seven a - Saturday 10 September - Bristol Stage Individual Time Trial
- Stage Seven b - Saturday 10 September - Bristol Stage Circuit Race
- Stage Eight - Sunday 11 September - London Stage presented by TfL
If your accommodation business is located within one of these hot spots you could benefit from the amount of spectators and cycling enthusiasts visiting the local areas.
If you have a Cyclists Welcome Scheme be sure to promote it and don’t forget to signpost all of the relevant leisurely and more adventurous cycle routes available in your area. You could also introduce a cycle themed menu, create a piece of cycle art outside your property or introduce a special offer to coincide with the Tour of Britain.
We’d love to hear about what your accommodation business has done to promote the Tour of Britain. Please contact us by email email@example.com
to send us your images.