1. The information your organisation (hereafter ‘you’) has entered on the form displaying these terms and conditions (together with any further information or amendments you may | subsequently provide), including any personal details, will be held on the computer database of Quality in Tourism. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, the Data Controller will be Quality in Tourism, M Assessment Services, Basepoint Business Centre, Oakfield Close, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire GL20 8SD.
2. The information you provide may be used by Quality in Tourism and your appointed local and regional tourism organisations (hereafter the ‘Tourism Promoters’) for the purposes of data collection, tourism marketing related activities such as inclusion in the Tourism Promoters publications and websites, providing information to those interested in the services you provide via tourist information centres, market research, statistical analysis and the promotion and sale of the Tourism Promoters services and marketing opportunities which may be of interest to you.
3. The Tourism Promoters do not guarantee that the information you have supplied will be published or used either in the form submitted or at all. If it is, the Tourism Promoters will make every reasonable effort to ensure accuracy but will not accept liability of any kind arising from or in connection with the use or publication of the information, either by themselves or third parties, including as a result of any error or omission on the part of the Tourism Promoters.
4. The Tourism Promoters expressly reserve the right, at their absolute discretion, to refuse or withdraw your eligibility to participate in any of their marketing and/or publishing activities.
5. You warrant that the information you have provided is true and accurate and, if published, will not constitute an offence under the Trade Descriptions Act 1968 or the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
6. If you require any information with regards to the treatment of the information you have provided, please contact Quality in Tourism, M Assessment Services Ltd, E1 Suites 3-6 Green Lane Business Park, Green Lane, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20 8SJ.
All establishments participating in the Quality in Tourism assessment schemes are
• Meet or exceed the Quality in Tourism minimum entry requirements for a rating in the relevant accommodation sector;
• Observe the Quality in Tourism Code of Conduct;
• Be assessed annually, and in the event of complaints, by authorised representatives of Quality in Tourism;
• Pay an annual participation fee and agree that the annual participation fee, however payable, whether made in one payment or by direct debit, is non-refundable by Quality in Tourism, and relates to and is payable for the Quality in Tourism assessment scheme participation, services and benefits that you and your establishment receive throughout the applicable participation year. The Quality in Tourism assessment scheme participation is a twelve month rolling contract and will automatically renew on the anniversary of each participation year. An invoice for the participation fee will be dispatched accordingly, unless Quality in Tourism receives at least 28 days’ notice before your renewal date, in writing from you that you no longer wish to participate in the Quality in Tourism assessment scheme.
• You give permission to Quality in Tourism or its representatives to enter your establishment site at any time to take and create photographs of your establishment. The copyright and all other intellectual property rights, title and interest in and in respect of such photographs shall vest in Quality in Tourism;
• On termination of participation, howsoever caused, you shall immediately, and no later than within 28 days, at your own expense, remove all references to the Quality in Tourism rating from websites promoting your establishment and from all other media channels utilised by you to promote your establishment and remove all signs displaying the Quality in Tourism logo from your establishment site and return to Quality in Tourism. If, after 28 days following termination of the Quality in Tourism recognition for your establishment, you have not complied with its obligations to removal of signage, you shall allow the employees, agents or representatives of Quality in Tourism such access as they require to your establishment site to remove all signs displaying the Quality in Tourism logo displayed on your establishment. You shall pay to Quality in Tourism all costs and expenses thereby incurred;
• Anti-Corruption & Anti-Bribery: You shall not, and shall procure that your directors, employees, agents, representatives, contractors or sub-contractors shall not engage in any activity, practice or conduct which would constitute an offence under any anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws, regulations and codes, including but not limited to the Bribery Act 2010, as may be amended or replaced from time to time. You shall have in place adequate procedures designed to prevent any person working for or engaged by you or any other third party in any way connected to this agreement, from engaging in any activity, practice or conduct which would infringe any anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws, regulations and codes, including but not limited to the Bribery Act 2010, as may be amended or replaced from time to time. Breach of this Clause shall entitle Quality in Tourism to terminate this agreement by written notice with immediate effect.
When an accommodation business is sold or the method of operation changed e.g. contracted out, and the new owner does not continue participation in the Quality in Tourism assessment scheme, the existing rating cannot be transferred. If a property is sold as a going concern, for continued use to accommodate guests and details of the new owners are provided to Quality in Tourism, the rating may be continued. Contact Quality in Tourism for further information.