Defining your accommodation
Working with our team of Assessors at Quality in Tourism, we have put together some tips and guidance to assist with the marketing of your accommodation to potential and returning guests regardless of the type of property that you operate.
We have broken Tourism Accommodation into three definitions...
- Limited service
- Fully serviced
The following information aims to help you define the type of accommodation you offer and the expectations guests have when using certain designators to describe your accommodation, the main focus is to ensure your marketing is selling your business accurately.
Our top tips for success in marketing your business...
- Don’t confuse your guests
- Don’t try to be something that your not
- Keep the descriptions punchy and in simple language
- Be clear and concise about the sleeping arrangements; i.e. sofa beds, more than two guests to one room, bunks, smaller beds, 4” doubles, 2’6” singles as examples
- Be clear and concise about the facilities you offer, as an example, type of breakfast offered, reception times, parking on site
- Highlight your Unique Selling Points otherwise known as your USP!
- Highlight your good bits and bad bits
- Think about what you look for when your booking something and make sure that your guests can access this information quickly and easily for your accommodation.