Energy Saving Week
Far from sacrificing guest comfort and satisfaction, controlling energy use could often make conditions more comfortable for guests and customers - and comfortable customers will be encouraged to return. Some customers may be more inclined to choose a hotel that limits the impact on the environment and some are even prepared to pay a premium for this.
That is why we’ve launched QIT’s Energy Saving Week with our energy partner, npower, to bring accommodation specific energy advice to you.
Energy Saving Week is all about showing you the steps you can take to make your hotel, or B&B or other accommodation more energy efficient. Check out our news stories for detailed information about how you can do this, or look at our top tips below.
Remember – you can save money by reducing your consumption, but you should also make sure you’ve got a good deal with your energy supplier. npower has joined forces with Quality in Tourism to create a great offer for your business – find out more at www.npower.com/qit
1. Look after your boiler
Heating could account for more than 40% of energy use.
2. Think about how hot your hot water needs to be
The optimum temperature for stored hot water is 60°C.*
3. Turn off catering equipment when not in use
Raising awareness amongst kitchen staff could reduce catering energy use by up to 30%.
4. Update your lighting
Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFL) use 75% less energy and LEDs use up to 80% less.
5. Take care of your air conditioning
Regular cleaning of ventilation systems can increase efficiency by as much as 25%.
QIT members can win an Eco Kettle every day during the week commencing the 25th August - 29th August 2014.
You can save money by reducing your consumption, but you should also make sure you’ve got a good deal with your energy supplier. npower has joined forces with Quality in Tourism to create a great offer for your business. Register your interest in the offer during the week commencing the 25th - 29th August 2014 and you can be in with a chance of winning an eco-kettle. Want to be in with a chance of winning? All you need to do is ask npower for a call back today by visiting www.npower.comQIT
Terms and conditions of prize draw:
1. The prize draw is open to QIT members.
2. Only one entry per person per member.
3. Entries are submitted by requesting an npower callback via the link above.
4. The promoter is Npower Direct Limited (registered in England and Wales No.3782443), Windmill Hill Business Park, Whitehill Way, Swindon SN5 6PB.
5. There is one prize of an eco kettle to give away each day from 25th-29th August 2014.
6. The closing date for entry is 12pm on each day of the prize draw
7. npower retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
8. The prize cannot be exchanged or transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other prize.
9. The winner will be drawn at random within seven days of the closing date for entries.
10. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winner will be notified in writing or by phone.
12. npower accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the prize draw or accepting the prize.