We understand that quality is the key to success within the modern hospitality industry in order to ensure that customer expectations are met and they do not go away disappointed.
Quality Standards are a set of guidance notes for participants who wish to be assessed and gain a star rating, as part of the VisitEngland National Quality Assessment Scheme.
The standards were created to ensure that all properties within the star grading scheme are assessed against the same criteria.
Having the standards in place allows participants to see how well they are doing in relation to a set criterion and gives them the ability to compare their performance against not only their own expectations but also other establishments within their local area and national accommodation sectors. The standards also allow customers to have confidence in the accommodation they are booking as the star rating achieved by participants assures an independent mark of Quality.
The aim of the standards is to add quality without taking away any of the character and style of the property: so when we assess quality, the following factors are taken into account:
- Condition – the maintenance and appearance of property
- Physical and personal comfort – does the quality contribute or lack of quality detract in any way from the comfort of the guest?
- Service and Hospitality afforded to guests
- Attention to detail – the evident care taken to ensure that the guest experience is special and that the same high standards are offered to all guests
- Guest choice and ease of use – the guest experience is enhanced through choice, be it the choice of beverages in his/her room or the choice of room temperature.
- Cleanliness – this is of paramount importance to all customers at star levels
To view full information about any of the Quality Assessment Schemes please click on the appropriate link down the right hand side.