From Harry Potter to the Famous Five and Sherlock Holmes, England has a rich literary heritage that is recognised and loved all over the world.
During 2017, there are a number of literary anniversaries including:
- 200th Anniversary of Jane Austen’s Death
- 20th Anniversary of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- 75th Anniversary of Enid Blyton’s The Famous Five
- 100th Anniversary of wartime poet Edward Thomas’s death
- 150th Anniversary of Arnold Bennett’s Birth
- 125th Anniversary of the first Sherlock Holmes publication
- Plus many more…
Whether you are a tourism business or an accommodation provider, you can help promote the exciting and inspiring literary connections that England has to offer. VisitEngland have a campaign toolkit available for download that is packed with useful resources to help your business get involved as well as the social media hashtag #BookEngland to share and promote your very own literary connections.
For more information on the Year of Literary Heroes and the upcoming events, please visit the VisitEngland website.